The Big Waves Season has started
Surf, bodyboard, bodysurfing, lots of activity in the next months at Nazaré
In the aftermath of the last big waves season in Nazaré, two world records came out:
- Maya Gabeira - 68ft wave surfed in January 2018
- Rodrigo Koxa - 80ft wave surfed in November 2017
After summer in Portugal, the big wave season is back in October at Nazaré, with many activities expected in the coming months:
- Bodyboard - Nazaré PRO (running now)
- Bodysurf - Ahua – Masters of the Temple
- WSL Nazare Challenge
- Big wave surfing throughout the season from October 2018 to April 2019
Thousands of tourists from all over the world want to come and see the biggest waves in the world, to help plan your trip, check our Tourism support page, with good tips to see the big waves live.
Check below the photos of the launch event of the Nazare Challenge (big wave surfing event), and the awarding of the Guiness record to Maya Gabeira. Photos by Vitor Estrelinha.
Follow nazarewaves.com for more information and updates, please share it to support us.